Cardiovascular Risk Factor Program in Fond du Lac
Heart Disease is one of the leading causes of death in this country. Risk factors such as Hypertension, Diabetes, Smoking, Family History and Elevated Cholesterol are traditional markers that are currently employed.
At Fox Valley Wellness Center/Midwest Hyperbarics, our philosophy is that individual, detailed and specific evaluations for heart disease needs to be performed beyond the traditional approach.
In-depth laboratory evaluation
- Ferritin-Iron stored and bound in the liver
- Homocysteine-amino acid associated with B6, B12 and folate
- Apolipoprotein Evaluation including Apo a and Apo b
- Lipoprotein a
- CRP – High Sensitivity – Important Inflammatory marker
- Fibrinogen -viscosity or thickness of blood marker
- Hormone evaluation including Testosterone levels and Sex Hormone Binding Globulins
- Lipid peroxides (free radicals)
- 8 OH 2 DG (DNA turnover marker)
- Intracellular Magnesium levels
- Insulin levels
- Vitamin markers including Vitamin C, D, A, E, folate, B6, B12
- Coenzyme Q10 levels
- Omega 6 Arachodonic (bad) fatty acid levels
- Omega 3 (good) fatty acids markers
- Chelation Therapy
- Phospho-lipid Therapy
- EWOT (Exercise with Oxygen Therapy)
- Individual Supplement Program
- Dietary Consultation
This test measures blood pressure readings at specific data points of the brachial artery. A number is computed that represents the Arterial Stiffness Index (ASI).
It compares these data points against previously diagnosed patients with cardiovascular disease and arrhythmia. It interprets this data to categorize an individual’s pulse pattern.
The increased ASI is considered another risk factor in screening for presence of coronary artery disease and cardiac arrhythmias.
A printed report is given which includes blood pressure, pulse pressure, pulse wave pattern, and ASI number.