Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) increases the amount of oxygen in the blood, which stimulates the body’s natural immune response. With HBOT oxygen concentration is up to 14 times greater than that in room air.
HBOT increases three key antioxidants including:
- Glutathione: the main detoxifying molecule in the body
- Catalase: converts reactive oxygen species hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
This will increase the detoxification of harmful toxins, as well as improve and balance your immune system.
At Forum Health Fox Valley Wellness Center in Fond du Lac, WI, we will track your immune markers by checking levels of your natural killer cells, immunoglobulins, as well as your T helper and suppressor cells. We also do a full autoimmune panel to check if your immune system is attacking you.
HBOT helps balance and restore your immune system to the optimal functioning levels to help protect and support your body.
Other benefits of HBOT Include:
- Enhances mitochondrial function, the machinery of the cell that is checked through testing
- Improves brain activity and function, which helps with cognition
- Has direct anti–infectious effects including viral, fungal and bacterial infections
- Decreases inflammation and swelling
- Increases circulation
- Improves pain
- Helps with fatigue
- Works on biotoxins and elimination of systemic toxins
- Improves fitness and is used by many professional athletes for recovery, improved endurance and healing
- Plays an important role in cancer therapies
- Considered the treatment option of choice for nerve pain (neuropathies) and help regrow nerve cells.
- Improves and enhances wound healing
- Treatment of choice for carbon monoxide poisoning, air embolism, gas gangrene (infection)
- Autistic patients show benefit with therapy
Additionally, it is utilized for tick-borne disease and associated infections.
Forum Health Fox Valley Wellness Center was involved in The National Brain Injury Rescue and Rehabilitation (NBIRR.org) study treating military personnel returning from the Middle East conflicts with HBOT for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The published research showed excellent benefits with HBOT in these brain injured military personnel. We at FH-FVWC continue to treat these military individuals free of charge (minus expenses). Dr. Meress is a veteran and understands the importance of assisting our military personnel who have suffered injury doing their patriotic duties. We also use HBOT in post-stroke patients, which has shown significant improvements.
Contact (920) 922-5433 to discuss if Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is right for you!
Dr. Steven G. Meress, MD, FACP, ABHM