Internal Medicine in Fond du Lac
Dr. Meress has been board-certified in Internal Medicine practicing in general medical care for adolescents, adults and the elderly.
Areas of interest for Dr. Meress include Preventive Medicine, Chelation Therapy and Intravenous therapies, Cancer screening and treatments, Environmental Medicine, Womens Health including Hormonal Evaluations and treatments, Osteoporosis prevention and treatments, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, Thyroid Disease and Endocrine evaluation, Adolescent Medicine, Lyme Disease and associated coinfections, Cardiovascular Health and Molecular Medicine.
Dr. Meress is board certified in Holistic Medicine and is a Lyme Literate Physician through ILADS (International Lyme & Associated Disease Society) and LDA (Lyme Disease Association). He performs Integrative Medicine including Individual Orthomolecular evaluations, heavy metal screens, biochemical evaluations, Inflammatory markers, Infections and Nutrition evaluations.
You will likely find assistance within our clinic that is suited to your preferences and specific medical needs. Whether it’s a minor health concern, preventive medicine or a serious illness, Fox Valley Wellness Center/Midwest Hyperbarics is here to provide quality care on a day-to-day basis. All phone triage functions are handled by trained nurses, under the direct guidance of a physician.
Services and conditions treated
- Complete physical exams including Women’s Health Exams, Breast Thermography, Cancer Screenings, Cardiovascular Risk Markers and Endocrine evaluations
- Routine visits for illness
- Preventative services: coronary artery disease programs, screening services for malignancies, nutritional counseling, longevity programs, weight management, endocrine screening
- Lyme Disease and Associated Infection Diseases diagnosis and treatment plans including oral and intravenous antibiotics, herbal therapies, homeopathies
- Comprehensive Women’s Healthcare: bone densitometry, osteoporosis evaluation and treatments, endocrine evaluation including hormones, adrenal function, neurotransmitters and thyroid function, lipid lowering programs and cholesterol management, exercise programs, hypertension management
- Infusion suite: IV fluids for dehydration, chelation, nutrition and treatments. Most patients find our suite very comfortable
- Weight Management and Nutritional Consulting
What is an internal medicine specialist?
An internal medicine physician (sometimes called an internist), is a physician specializing in comprehensive adult and adolescent medical care and the non-surgical treatment of disease.
The internist can be both a primary care doctor for adults and adolescents, and a specialist. However, Dr. Meress does not provide primary care services. He practices solely as a specialist.
Internists are equipped to deal with whatever problem a patient brings — no matter how common or rare, how simple or complex. They are specially trained to solve puzzling diagnostic problems and can handle severe chronic illnesses and situations where several different illnesses may strike at the same time. They also bring to patients an understanding of wellness (disease prevention and the promotion of health), women’s health, diabetes and other endocrine illnesses, allergies, mental health, digestion, liver, kidneys and cancer.
Internists function in many capacities, as a diagnostitician, a personal physician, health counselor, educator and consultant.